The product group has released updated packages for the October 2010 Cumulative Update. The new packages contain a fix for the problem reported earlier.
The updated fixes can be be found at the following locations:
- KB 2394323 – SharePoint Foundation 2010 – only listed for completeness as this fix was not affected by the Problem and is not a rerelease
- KB 2394320 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2394322 – SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for the rereleased October 2010 CU can be downloaded here:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 October 2010 CU – this is the original fix as this package was not affected
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 October 2010 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server October 2010 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
For the 2010 Server Products it is sufficient to install the SharePoint Server 2010 package as it includes the SharePoint Foundation package.
Information about the October 2010 CU for 2007 can be found here.
Related Update Centers:
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products