The product group released the March 2016 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
For March 2016 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages) for SharePoint server and Project server. For SharePoint Foundation there is an individual fix available but no full server package. To fully patch SharePoint foundation ensure to install February 2016 CU together with the fix listed below.
As this is a common question: Yes, March 2016 CU includes all SharePoint security fixes released with March 2016 PU.
Be aware that CU is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is required to have SP2 installed before installing the CU.
It is required to have SP2 installed for the base product and all installed language packs to install March 2016 CU for SharePoint 2010.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes (including all SharePoint 2010 security fixes) released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB articles for March 2016 CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- KB 3114886 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 3114882 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 3114876 – Project Server 2010
The Full Server Packages for March 2016 CU are already available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 March 2016 CU (ensure to install February 2016 CU for SP2010 as well)
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 March 2016 CU
- Download Project Server 2010 March 2016 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
- SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- March 2016 Office Update Release
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products