The product group released the February 2016 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
For February 2016 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages). No other CU is required to fully patch SharePoint.
As this is a common question: Yes, February 2016 CU includes all SharePoint security fixes released with February 2016 PU.
Be aware that CU is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is required to have SP2 installed before installing the CU.
It is required to have SP2 installed for the base product and all installed language packs to install February 2016 CU for SharePoint 2010.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes (including all SharePoint 2010 security fixes) released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB articles for February 2016 CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- KB 3114567 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 3114558 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 3114754 – Project Server 2010
The Full Server Packages for February 2016 CU are already available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 February 2016 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 February 2016 CU
- Download Project Server 2010 February 2016 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
- SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- February 2016 Office Update Release
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products
Hi Stefan, do you know if Microsoft will be releasing any more patches for Office Web Apps 2010 to go along with the SharePoint CUs?
the time for regular CUs for SP2010 and Office Web Apps is over since both products are in extended support.
But for both products we will continue to ship security updates whenever required till end of extended support which will be October 13th, 2020.
See here for details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle?p1=14944
I have couple of questions , would be great if you could answer.
1) SP2010 CU is still getting released ? ( Last one I think is https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stefan_gossner/2016/07/12/july-2016-cu-for-sharepoint-2010-product-family-is-available-for-download/ )
2) Hope the SharePoint foundation is a security fix and not a cumulative update . What is the last cumulative update or uber package available for SharePoint 2010 foundation ?
1) only if security fixes were released as well. The most recent is July 2016 CU.
2) Yes, The SharePoint foundation CU from July is also a security fix and this is also the Uber package for Foundation.
Can you advise on the supported SQL 2012 SP for SharePoint 2010.
We are about to upgrade SharePoint 2010 to the most recent CU but I can’t find information anywhere regarding compatibility for SharePoint 2010 and SQL 2012 SP3
Thanks for all the advice on these pages 🙂
that should be supported if you have the lastest service pack for SharePoint 2010 installed.
Thanks Stefan, help much appreciated 🙂