The product group released the June 2011 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2007 and 2010 product family.
Be aware that the June Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that the fixes included in June CU are not part of SP1 and that you have to install SP1 first and then the June CU to get all the latest fixes. More details in the following related post.
The KB articles for June CU can be found at the following locations:
- KB 2544399 – WSS 3.0
- KB 2544398 – MOSS 2007
- KB 2536601 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2536599 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2536600 – SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for June 2011 CU are available through the following links:
- Download WSS 3.0 June 2011 CU
- Download MOSS 2007 June 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 June 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 June 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server June 2011 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Related Update Centers:
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products
Thanks for the above post, but I was wondering if you could clear something up for me? Why are the Server Pack CUs so much smaller this year (around 70mb) than last year (around 400mb)? If these are all cumulative updates, you would expect the size to increase rather than decrease.
I am concerned that applying the latest CU to a fresh install may not bring my servers up to the same version as a server that had the hotfixes installed incrementally.
the reason is that the new CUs can only be installed on top of SP2. Older fixes (a year ago) were installable on SP1 and SP2.
As SP1 is no longer supported all the fixes between SP1 and SP2 have been stripped from the CUs.
Thanks Stefan, puts my mind at rest!
I ran the CU for WSS but the MOSS CU fails with a "The expected version of the product was not found on the system" message. I tried psconfig but it didn't help. I have WSS and MOSS language packs with both SP1 and SP2 installed. What now?
it looks as if there is a service pack missing.
PSConfig will not help you here.
The installer checks the patch level of the base product and all installed language packs and shows this error when one of the components is not on the right patch level.
Unfortunatelly the error message does not highlight the exact component it did not find – so you should check the installed service packs in the control panel.
I ran "office-kb2544398-fullfile-x64-glb.exe /extract" and extracted the files into a folder. There are 43 different languages updated in the CU. I am using 10, so I suspect that it failed because it didn't detect the other 33. Rather than install them all I did the following:
1. navigate to the location of the extracted package
2. run coreserver-x-none.msp
3. run coreservermui-xx-yy-msp for all language packs installed
4. run dlc-x-none.msp
5. run dlcmui-xx-yy.msp for all language packs installed
6. run ifswfe-x-none.msp
7. run lpsrvmui-xx-yy.msp for all language packs installed (may throw a not required exception)
8. run lpsrvwfe-x-none.msp
9. run pjsrvapp-x-none.msp
10. run pjsrvmui-xx-yy.msp for all language packs installed
11. run spswfe-x-none.msp
12. run xlsrvapp-x-none.msp
13. run psconfig -cmd upgrade
Everything installed fine. Painful to say the least. Had I known the CU would work on WSS but fail on MOSS, I would have avoided it altogether. But once it was on WSS I didn't want to walk away without it on MOSS too. Thankfully this was only QA. I don't know yet if I would recommend this method.
Thanks for your quick response.
that is not how it works. Only the installed packages will be updated. If a package (language) is not installed it will not try to upgrade it.
For me it sounds as if there are components for another language installed on this box which does not have the right SP installed.
Hi Stefan, i ran the June 2011 CU on my MOSS 2007 farm and the wizard fails on step 8, I find this in the update log when the DBs are being updated
The statistics 'BatchID' is dependent on column 'BatchID'.
ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN BatchID failed because one or more objects access this column.
any help with this would be appreciated
sorry but I haven't seen this problem.
I would recommend to open a support case for this.
Remove SQL statistics which you have created for the databases. That should help you run the wizard successfully.
For your FYI, Creation of these statistics is not supported.
Following TechNet is related to SharePoint 2010 but should be valid for 2007 too as well
Set SQL Server options
The following SQL Server settings and options should be configured before you deploy SharePoint Server.
• Do not enable auto-create statistics on a SQL Server that is supporting SharePoint Server. SharePoint Server configures the required settings upon provisioning and upgrade. . Auto-create statistics can significantly change the execution plan of a query
from one instance of SQL Server to another instance of SQL Server. Therefore, to provide consistent support for all customers, SharePoint Server provides coded hints for queries as needed to provide the best performance across all scenarios.
Few more related articles
Yeah we did just that, apparently it was enabled during an audit, thanks guys.