August 2021 CU for SharePoint Server 2019 is available for download

The product group released the August 2021 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2019 product family. SharePoint Server 2019 is patched with a language dependent and a language independent fix.

The KB article for August 2021 CU will be available at the following Location in a couple of hours:

  • KB 5002000 – August 2021 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
  • KB 5002001 – August 2021 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)

The download for August 2021 CU is available through the following link:

Important: It is required to install both fixes (language dependent and independent) to fully patch a SharePoint server. This applies also to servers which do not have language packs installed. The reason is that each SharePoint installation includes a language dependent component together with a language independent component. If additional language packs are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again.

It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.

After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2019 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.

Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.

SharePoint 2019 August 2021 CU Build Number:

Language independent fix: 16.0.10377.20000
Language dependent fix: 16.0.10377.20000

Related Links:

8 Comments


  1. Hi Stefan,

    KB5001975 from the July 2021 CU had a ‘Known issues in this update’ section. Neither of the KB’s for the August 2021 CU have a ‘Known issues in this update’ section. Does that mean the item from the July 2021 CU is not an issue with the August 2021 CU?

    Thanks so much!

    Reply

    1. Hi GB,
      no thats not the case. The Known issue in the KBs for August 2021 about workflows will apply to July CU and all future CUs as this is a design change introduced by a security fix. We will not include this known issue in future KBs.
      Cheers,
      Stefan

      Reply

      1. Thanks for the clarification Stefan!

        Reply

  2. I just installed the August Updates for my SharePoint 2019 Farm and the site contents doesn’t show. This was the same issue last month

    Reply

    1. Hi Matthew,
      the information you provided is not sufficient to assist here. I would recommend to analyze the ULS log to identify the problem or open a support case with Microsoft if you need assistance.
      Cheers,
      Stefan

      Reply

    2. I am having the same issues. New Sharepoint Server 2019 farm. Everything was configured and working fine for a couple of weeks while testing/configuring, I installed both August 2021 updates and right after, clicking Site Content gives a blank page, the same for document libraries as well. Calendar list items show correctly though.

      I installed both SP updates from Windows Updates, rebooted, and then ran the SP configuration wizard and rebooted again. All show completed successfully.

      I will look through ULS logs to see if anything stands out, but just wanted to comment that the same issue is happening with me as well.

      Reply

        1. Just found my issue. When I went to install the updates, I ran Windows Updates (checking for additional software, pulling from MS) and installed the SP updates from there. I saw both the core and language pack updates and thought I was good. I went back and checked and it found and installed KB5002000 and KB5001945 (no other available updates from MS before or after those were installed).

          Looks like it downloaded the June 2021 language pack when I checked for updates against MS for some reason.

          I manually downloaded KB5002001 and installed, rebooted, ran the SP configuration wizard again, rebooted.. now I’m good. Site content page as well as document libraries are loading fine now.

          My fault for assuming I was getting the latest updates from MS. I should have payed closer attention to the KB’s when installing. Thank you for the reply and assistance!

          Reply

Leave a Reply to Matthew Alexander Cancel reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.