The product group released the May 2021 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
For May 2021 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages) for all products. No other CU is required to fully patch SharePoint.
As this is a common question: Yes, May 2021 CU includes all fixes from May 2021 PU.
Be aware that all Updates for SharePoint 2013 require SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 to be installed first.
Please also have a look at the article that discusses how to properly patch a SharePoint 2013 farm which has Search enabled (see below).
Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Because of the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file, while the others contain the CAB file. All are necessary and must be placed in the same folder to successfully install the update. All are available by clicking the same Hotfix Download Available link in the KB article for the release.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2013 fixes (including all SharePoint 2013 security fixes) released since SP1. The CU does not include SP1. You need to install SP1 before installing this CU.
The KB articles for May 2021 CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- KB 5001929 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 May 2021 CU
- KB 5001933 – SharePoint Server 2013 May 2021 CU
- KB 5001930 – Project Server 2013 May 2021 CU
- KB 5001928 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 May 2021 CU
The Full Server Packages for May 2021 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 May 2021 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 May 2021 CU
- Download Project Server 2013 May 2021 CU
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 May 2021 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct Options.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2013 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation 2013 CU. And the Project Server 2013 CU also contains the SharePoint Server 2013 CU and SharePoint Foundation 2013 CU.
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint 2013
- Blog: SharePoint Patching Best Practices
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: Support for SharePoint 2013 RTM has ended
- Blog: SP1 for SharePoint 2013
- Technet: CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- Technet: Install a software update for SharePoint 2013
- Blog: How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SQL Server 2014 and SharePoint Server 2013