Below are the security fixes for the SharePoint OnPrem versions released this month.
SharePoint 2010 Suite:
- KB 4493149 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 4486697 – Word Automation Services for SharePoint 2010
- KB 4486704 – Office Web Apps Server 2010
SharePoint 2013 Suite:
- KB 4493138 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 (core component)
- KB 4486696 – SharePoint Foundation 2013
- KB 4486760 – Office Web Apps Server 2013
SharePoint 2016 Suite:
- KB 4486753 – SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent)
- KB 4486721 – SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent)
SharePoint 2019 Suite:
- KB 4486751 – SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent)
- KB 4486752 – SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
Office Online Server:
- KB 4486750 – Office Online Server
See the Security Update Guide below for more details about the relevant fixes:
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
We were planning to install October CU patch this month for SP2013 server but now found out Microsoft released the security update 2 days back for CVE-2020-17121. Can we install this security patch first and then go with October patch in a later month?
yes you can do that.
are there any know issues with the RSS Feed web part after the December Cu? They are not functioning any more on my SharePoint sites…
we have received a similar report from one other user for SP2019 and SP2013 yesterday and we just started investigating the issue.
…i use SharePoint 2016..