The product group released the November 2020 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2019 product family. SharePoint Server 2019 is patched with a language dependent and a language independent fix.
The KB article for November 2020 CU will be available at the following Location in a couple of hours:
- KB 4486714 – November 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- KB 4486715 – November 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
The download for November 2020 CU is available through the following link:
- Download November 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- Download November 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
Important: It is required to install both fixes (language dependent and independent) to fully patch a SharePoint server. This applies also to servers which do not have language packs installed. The reason is that each SharePoint installation includes a language dependent component together with a language independent component. If additional language packs are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again.
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2019 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
SharePoint 2019 November 2020 CU Build Number:
Language independent fix: 16.0.10368.20022
Language dependent fix: 16.0.10368.20022
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint Server 2019
- Blog: SharePoint Patching Best Practices
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified (applies also to SharePoint Server 2019)
- Blog: SharePoint does not have a build version. Full Stop.
we installed both parts of the update last week.
Since then the quick navigations have disappeared.
These are pages based on the English template for team sites.
The option for quick navigation is activated.
A change to the old look brings no change.
The last updates (e.g. September) were skipped.
What could that be?
Thanks and best regards
I haven’t heard about such an issue.
If you need assistance to get this resolved I would recommend to open a ticket with Microsoft support.
thanks for your feedback.
It turned out that the client cache was causing the display problems. After clearing the cache and calling the page again, it will be displayed correctly…
Thanks Florian, today I update my SP2019 with Dec CU from june CU and have the same issue, you solved it !!
There seems one improvement that was not documented in this update. If my research is correct, in modern view SharePoint 2019 prior to this update did not show picture previews in modern UI. Starting from this update picture preview started working. I wonder if someone could confirm such findings.
nvm, it is documented:
Enables the Tiles view in modern libraries to render thumbnails for these types of image files: AI, BMP, EMF, EPS, GIF, JPG/JPEG, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF/TIFF, and WMF