The product group released the September 2020 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
For September 2020 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages) for SharePoint Foundation, SharePoint Server and Project Server.
As this is a common question: Yes, September 2020 CU includes all SharePoint security fixes released with September 2020 PU.
Be aware that CU is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is required to have SP2 installed before installing the CU.
It is required to have SP2 installed for the base product and all installed language packs to install September 2020 CU for SharePoint 2010.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes (including all SharePoint 2010 security fixes) released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB articles for September 2020 CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- KB 4486667 – SharePoint Foundation 2010 September 2020 CU
- KB 4486662 – SharePoint Server 2010 September 2020 CU
- KB 4484535 – Project Server 2010 September 2020 CU
The Full Server Packages for September 2020 CU are already available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 September 2020 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 September 2020 CU
- Download Project Server 2010 September 2020 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
- Blog: SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Technet: Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Technet: Updates for Project Server 2010
- Technet: Updates for Enterprise Search Products
- Blog: Revised End of Support date for SharePoint Server 2010: April 13th, 2021