Read the full announcement in the following official blog post from the product group:
Here is a quick summary:
- If you are using SharePoint 2010 workflows in Microsoft 365 (SharePoint Online) be aware that they will be retired in 2020.
- For customers using SharePoint 2010 workflows, we recommend migrating to Power Automate during 2020 to maintain continuity in any business process.
- Starting August 1st, 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for newly created tenants.
- Starting November 1st, 2020, Microsoft will begin to remove the ability to run or create SharePoint 2010 workflows from existing tenants.
- SharePoint 2013 workflows will remain supported, although deprecated.
- SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013-based workflows will continue to be supported for on-premises SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2019 Server platforms until 2026.