Read the full announcement in the following official blog post from the product group:
Here is a quick summary:
- If you are using SharePoint 2010 workflows in Microsoft 365 (SharePoint Online) be aware that they will be retired in 2020.
- For customers using SharePoint 2010 workflows, we recommend migrating to Power Automate during 2020 to maintain continuity in any business process.
- Starting August 1st, 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for newly created tenants.
- Starting November 1st, 2020, Microsoft will begin to remove the ability to run or create SharePoint 2010 workflows from existing tenants.
- SharePoint 2013 workflows will remain supported, although deprecated.
- SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013-based workflows will continue to be supported for on-premises SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2019 Server platforms until 2026.
I have a SharePoint 2016 farm consists of 6 servers (2 wfe, 2 app, 2 search) with Oct 2021 patch.
Currently Workflow manager runs on one of the app servers, say LON1APP and other servers run Workflow client.
Recently because of some issues in LON1 data center, I am considering to either run Workflow Manager on both app servers, or move the Workflow Manager to LON2APP.
Workflow uses some certificates as well that are installed on LON1APP.
Can you please recommend a good guideline paper or best practice for this exercise?
Thanks and regards