The product group released the November 2019 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2016 product family.
This CU also includes Feature Pack 1 which was released with December 2016 CU and Feature Pack 2 which was released with September 2017 CU.
The KB articles for November 2019 CU are available here:
- KB 4484143 – November 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- KB 4484147 – November 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent)
The download for November 2019 CU is available here:
- Download November 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- Download November 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent)
Important: It is required to install both fixes (language dependent and independent) to fully patch a SharePoint server. This applies also to servers which do not have language packs installed. The reason is that each SharePoint installation includes a language dependent component together with a language independent component. If additional language packs are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again.
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2016 November 2019 CU Build Numbers:
Language independent fix: 16.0.4927.1000
Language dependent fix: 16.0.4927.1000
To understand the different version numbers please have a look at my article which explains the different SharePoint build numbers.
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint Server 2016
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified
- Blog: SharePoint does not have a build version. Full Stop.
Does the November patch also contain the regression (from October 2019) that might break calendar overlays?
the fix is not in November CU if that is what you mean. So the issue should repro also with this CU.