The product group released the July 2016 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2016 product family.
The KB articles for July 2016 CU are available at the following location:
- KB 3115299 – Update for SharePoint Server 2016 July 2016 (language independent) – this is also a security fix!
- KB 3115304 – Update for SharePoint Server 2016 July 2016 (language dependent fixes)
- KB 3115386 – Update for Office Online Server 2016 July 2016 – this is also a security fix!
The download for July 2016 CU is available through the following link:
- Download Update for SharePoint Server 2016 July 2016 (language independent)
- Download SharePoint Server 2016 July 2016 (language dependent fixes)
- Download Office Online Server 2016 July 2016
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2016 July 2016 CU Build Number: 16.0.4405.1000
The language independent Fix updates the configuration database schema version to the number above.
You can use the SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module to identify the patch level of all SharePoint components.
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: July 2016 Office Update Release
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified