The product group released the July 2015 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
For July 2015 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages). No other CU is required to fully patch SharePoint.
As this is a common question: Yes, July 2015 CU includes all fixes from July 2015 PU.
Be aware that all Updates for SharePoint 2013 require SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 to be installed first.
Please also have a look at the article that discusses how to properly patch a SharePoint 2013 farm which has Search enabled (see below).
Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Because of the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file, while the others contain the CAB file. All are necessary and must be placed in the same folder to successfully install the update. All are available by clicking the same Hotfix Download Available link in the KB article for the release.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2013 fixes (including all SharePoint 2013 security fixes) released since SP1. The CU does not include SP1. You need to install SP1 before installing this CU.
The KB articles for July CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 3054931 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 July 2015 CU
- KB 3054937 – SharePoint Server 2013 July 2015 CU
- KB 3054933 – SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server July 2015 CU
- KB 3054930 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 July 2015 CU
The Full Server Packages for July 2015 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 July 2015 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 July 2015 CU
- Download Project Server 2013 July 2015 CU
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 July 2015 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Important: unlike other CUs: if you don't run PSCONFIG after installing the July 2015 CU fixes crawl might no longer work – so ensure to schedule a maintenance window when installing this CU which includes PSCONFIG runs.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2013 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Support for SharePoint 2013 RTM has ended
- SP1 for SharePoint 2013
- July 2015 Office Update Release
- CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- SQL Server 2014 and SharePoint Server 2013