The product group released the December 2014 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
For December 2014 CU we again have full server packages (also known as Uber packages). No other CU is required to fully patch SharePoint.
Be aware that the December Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is required to have SP2 installed before installing the December CU.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
Attention: this CU no longer supports SP1! It is required to have SP2 installed for the base product and all installed language packs to install December 2014 CU for SharePoint 2010.
The KB articles for December CU will be available at the following locations in a couple of days:
- KB 2899585 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2899583 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2899587 – Project Server 2010
The Full Server Packages for December 2014 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 December 2014 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 December 2014 CU
- Download Project Server 2010 December 2014 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
- SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products
How can MS did not release the KB articles, yet the installer already released ?
binaries and KB articles are going through different channels.
After the binaries are finalized they are released while the KB articles can still be in technical or edit review.
Una vez más, me hago eco de la disponibilidad de las actualizaciones acumuladas para SharePoint
Does this CU need to be applied on each machine that is running SP 2010, or just once per farm and then the psconfig executed on each SP 2010 machine within the farm?
It has to be installed on each machine.
Buenas, Ya está disponible la actualización acumulativa para Project 2010 y Project Server 2010 correspondiente
Hi Stefan, I have a simple question. We have a two tier sharepoint 2010 farm and we haven't installed sp2 yet. Can I install all of these: sp2 + language pack + december 2014 cu before running the configuration wizard? Or should I first install sp2 + language
pack, run wizard, install cu and then run wizard again?
simple answer: YES.
You only have to run it once after installing all the fixes.