The product group released the October 2014 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that the October Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is recommended to have SP2 installed before installing the October CU.
Also be aware that in October no so called "Server" or "Uber" packages have been released instead only fix packages for individual components of SharePoint have been released. That means if your SharePoint system is on an older patch level than September 2014 CU you need to install September 2014 CU before installing the below listed October 2014 CU fixes in order to update your system to the latest patch level.
With other words: It is highly recommended to install SP2 and September 2014 CU before installing October 2014 CU!
See SharePoint Patching Demystified for details.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes released since SP1. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB article for October CU is available at the following locations:
- SharePoint Foundation 2010: no fixes released in October CU
- SharePoint Server 2010: KB 2899490
- Project Server 2010: KB 2899485, KB 2880539
The Packages for October 2014 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 October 2014 CU: 2899490
- Download Project Server 2010 October 2014 CU: 2899485, 2880539
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that for Project Server you have to install the SharePoint Server fixes as well!
- September 2014 CU for SharePoint 2010
- SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint patching demystified
- Common question: why does the version number on the "Servers in Farm" page not change after installing October CU?
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products