The product group released the February 2022 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
For February 2022 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages) for all products. No other CU is required to fully patch SharePoint.
As this is a common question: Yes, February 2022 CU includes all fixes from February 2022 PU.
Be aware that all Updates for SharePoint 2013 require SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 to be installed first.
Please also have a look at the article that discusses how to properly patch a SharePoint 2013 farm which has Search enabled (see below).
Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Because of the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file, while the others contain the CAB file. All are necessary and must be placed in the same folder to successfully install the update. All are available by clicking the same Hotfix Download Available link in the KB article for the release.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2013 fixes (including all SharePoint 2013 security fixes) released since SP1. The CU does not include SP1. You need to install SP1 before installing this CU.
The KB articles for February 2022 CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- KB 5002150 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 February 2022 CU
- KB 5002154 – SharePoint Server 2013 February 2022 CU
- KB 5002152 – Project Server 2013 February 2022 CU
- KB 5002149 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 February 2022 CU
The Full Server Packages for February 2022 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 February 2022 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 February 2022 CU
- Download Project Server 2013 February 2022 CU
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 February 2022 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct Options.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2013 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation 2013 CU. And the Project Server 2013 CU also contains the SharePoint Server 2013 CU and SharePoint Foundation 2013 CU.
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint 2013
- Blog: SharePoint Patching Best Practices
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: Support for SharePoint 2013 RTM has ended
- Blog: SP1 for SharePoint 2013
- Technet: CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- Technet: Install a software update for SharePoint 2013
- Blog: How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SQL Server 2014 and SharePoint Server 2013
hi stefan. You wrote :Previous releases of the SharePoint Server 2013 cumulative update included both the executable and the .CAB file in the same self-extracting executable download. Because of the file size, the SharePoint Server 2013 package has been divided into several separate downloads. One contains the executable file, while the others contain the CAB file. CU jan 22 has that, but now i see in feb 22 that therE is only 1 exe file 1,015.9 MB. Is that correct?
second question : if i install the foundation version, than it also includes the server version, am i right. so i only have to instaal the foudation CU?
kind regards Bauke
the server version includes the foundation version – not vice versa.
i think i have the answer of my second question allready fouNd : SharePoint Server 2013 (this also updates SharePoint Foundation 2013 installations) . so the other way around. I have to dowload the sharepoint server 2013 CU THEN
sorry: the sharepoint serverCU version do have the 3 files. so i’ve got my answewr.
do we know if this issue got resolved in the 2/2022 CU?
there is nothing to resolve here. This behavior is the new and more secure design.
If you would like to reduce the security to match the older situation you need to apply the workaround listed in the KB.
If I am installing SP2013 security patches, should I use the same procedure for stopping the SeverSearch services that I do when installing a CU.
yes it is the same procedure.
Are they any known issues in this CU, we are planning to apply to our environment.