The product group released the April 2021 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that SharePoint 2010 has reached end of extended support.
This means that no further fixes and more important no further security fixes will be released for this version of the product.
It is recommended that customers still using SharePoint 2010 upgrade to a fully supported version of SharePoint.
For April 2021 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages) for SharePoint Foundation, SharePoint Server and Project Server.
As this is a common question: Yes, April 2021 CU includes all SharePoint security fixes released with April 2021 PU.
Be aware that CU is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is required to have SP2 installed before installing the CU.
It is required to have SP2 installed for the base product and all installed language packs to install April 2021 CU for SharePoint 2010.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes (including all SharePoint 2010 security fixes) released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB articles for April 2021 CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- KB 4504709 – SharePoint Foundation 2010 April 2021 CU
- KB 4504742 – SharePoint Server 2010 April 2021 CU
- KB 4504741 – Project Server 2010 April 2021 CU
The Full Server Packages for April 2021 CU are already available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 April 2021 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 April 2021 CU
- Download Project Server 2010 April 2021 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
- Blog: SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Technet: Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Technet: Updates for Project Server 2010
- Technet: Updates for Enterprise Search Products
- Blog: Revised End of Support date for SharePoint Server 2010: April 13th, 2021