The product group released the November 2020 Cumulative Update for Office Online Server.
The KB article for November 2020 CU will be available at the following Location in a couple of hours:
- KB 4486713 – November 2020 Update for Office Online Server
The download for November 2020 CU is available through the following link:
1) Is there version numbers of OOS? like OOS 2016 or OOS 2019 ?
2) Do these versions of OOS work with all versions of Office documents 2016, 2010, etc?
3) Where can I get succinct documentation of licensing requirements of OOS?
1) no. There is only Office Online Server without a version as Office Online Server is an Evergreen product
3) the following page has a link to a pdf file with licensing info on OOS:
Check the “Licensing Microsoft Office software in Volume Licensing” link at the bottom.
Is OOS available as a Azure PaaS?
How frequent an OOS farm needs upgrading to recent CUs?
sorry – I do not know the answer about your Azure question.
As for all products security fixes for OOS should be evaluated and applied as soon as possible.
If i apply November patch, will that cover the October as well or i have to apply October first and then November?
the fixes are cumulative.