The product group released the October 2020 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2019 product family. SharePoint Server 2019 is patched with a language dependent and a language independent fix.
The KB article for October 2020 CU will be available at the following Location in a couple of hours:
- KB 4486676 – October 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- KB 4486675 – October 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
The download for October 2020 CU is available through the following link:
- Download October 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- Download October 2020 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
Important: It is required to install both fixes (language dependent and independent) to fully patch a SharePoint server. This applies also to servers which do not have language packs installed. The reason is that each SharePoint installation includes a language dependent component together with a language independent component. If additional language packs are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again.
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2019 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
SharePoint 2019 October 2020 CU Build Number:
Language independent fix: 16.0.10367.20000
Language dependent fix: 16.0.10367.20000
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint Server 2019
- Blog: SharePoint Patching Best Practices
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified (applies also to SharePoint Server 2019)
- Blog: SharePoint does not have a build version. Full Stop.
Installed October 2020 CU for SharePoint Server 2019 . It was installed successfully.
But when i check version numbers in central admin, only below version is shown.
Update for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 Language Pack (KB4486675) 16.0.10367.20000
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 Core section doesnt show update for KB 4486676 ?
Any comments on this?
looks as if the language independent part has not been installed.
Thanks for the update. You were correct, lang independent part was not installed.
One of my SP 2019 Farm was installed with Jan 2020 CU patch . i want to apply Oct 2020 CU to it. But below database has status “Database is too new and is not supported ”
|Database Type Status
|StateService StateDatabase Database is too new and is not supported.
Would it be fine, if i go ahead and patch the farm to Oct 2020? .
To resolve “Database is too new and is not supported” issue for state service application services, we deleted existing state service application and created it again.