Below are the security fixes for the SharePoint OnPrem versions released this month.
SharePoint 2010 Suite:
- KB 4484462 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 4484498 – SharePoint Server 2010 (core component)
- KB 4484490 – Word Automation Services for SharePoint 2010
- KB 4484191 – Excel Services for SharePoint 2010
- KB 4484495 – Office Web Apps Server 2010
SharePoint 2013 Suite:
- KB 4484487 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 (core component)
- KB 4484479 – SharePoint Server 2013 (core component)
- KB 4484478 – Word Automation Services for SharePoint 2013
- KB 4484183 – Excel Services for SharePoint 2013
- KB 4484481 – Office Web Apps Server 2013
SharePoint 2016 Suite:
- KB 4484473 – SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent)
- KB 4484476 – SharePoint Server 2016 (language dependent)
SharePoint 2019 Suite:
- KB 4484472 – SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent)
- KB 4484471 – SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
Office Online Server:
- KB 4484470 – Office Online Server
See the Security Update Guide below for more details about the relevant fixes:
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
“This security update contains the following fixes for SharePoint Server 2016:
Fixes an issue in which Active Directory (AD) objects can’t be imported.”
What issue is this?
in some situations specific users cannot be read from AD and .NET returns a DirectoryOperationException. The problem here was that SharePoint reads users in batches of 5000 users and if a problem occurred for one of the users the whole batch was skipped rather than just the single user. This has been changed. Now only the user for which the DirectoryOperationException is raised will be skipped.
Thank you for your reply. I had hoped it was my weird bug that had been fixed, but alas, this bug is not my bug. I have an issue where though SharePoint reads AD just fine, it does not pass updated Manager information to the Site Collection. I have tried every trick to force it to pass along the updates with no luck. Everything else updates, just not Manager.
After installing SharePoint 2013 security patch, some web application’s search function failed with below error message.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Procedure or function proc_MSS_GetUrlMapping has too many arguments specified.
I would suggest to open a support case with Microsoft to get this analyzed in more detail.
After applying patch form 11 August 2020 UPS our UPS is stalled in “starting” and several enties in event viewer and ULS indicate some DB access denial. Have you any suggestions what in the upate could cause these issues?
I haven’t heard about this.
If you need assistance to get this resolved I would recommend to open a support case with Microsoft.