The product group released the March 2020 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
For March 2020 CU we have full server packages (also known as Uber packages) for SharePoint Foundation, SharePoint Server and Project Server.
As this is a common question: Yes, March 2020 CU includes all SharePoint security fixes released with March 2020 PU.
Be aware that CU is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is required to have SP2 installed before installing the CU.
It is required to have SP2 installed for the base product and all installed language packs to install March 2020 CU for SharePoint 2010.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes (including all SharePoint 2010 security fixes) released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB articles for March 2020 CU should be available at the following locations in a couple of hours:
- KB 4484197 – SharePoint Foundation 2010 March 2020 CU
- KB 4484241 – SharePoint Server 2010 March 2020 CU
- KB 4484239 – Project Server 2010 March 2020 CU
The Full Server Packages for March 2020 CU are already available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 March 2020 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 March 2020 CU
- Download Project Server 2010 March 2020 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Please ensure to have a look at the SharePoint Patching Best Practices before applying new fixes.
- Blog: SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Technet: Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Technet: Updates for Project Server 2010
- Technet: Updates for Enterprise Search Products
Fix for search problems included?
We have a SP2013 Server farm which is using 2010 templates and features. Is it recommended to run this CU to patch the 2010 binaries which are included with SP2013 Server?
there is a misunderstanding: there are no SP2010 binaries in SP2013. The SP2010 workflow is the workflow implemenation first shipped with SP2010. The SP2013 workflow is the workflow implementation first shipped with SP2013.
That does not mean that there are any SP2010 binaries in SP2013 or in later SharePoint version.
You only have to apply the sharepoint fixes for the sharepoint version you installed.