The product group released the January 2019 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2019 product family. If you are familiar with SharePoint Server 2016 you are aware that SharePoint is now patched with a language dependent and a language independent fix. In January we are releasing our first language dependent fix.
The KB article for January 2019 CU will be available at the following Location in a couple of hours:
- KB 4461634 – January 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- KB 4461514 – January 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
- KB 4461633 – January 2019 Update for Office Online Server 2019 – This is also a security update!
The download for January 2019 CU is available through the following link:
- Download January 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- Download January 2019 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language dependent)
- Download January 2019 Update for Office Online 2019 – This is also a security update!
Important: It is required to install both fixes (language dependent and independent) to fully patch a SharePoint server. This applies also to servers which do not have language packs installed. The reason is that each SharePoint installation includes a language dependent component together with a language independent component. If additional language packs are added later (only) the language dependent fix has to be applied again.
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2019 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2019 January 2019 CU Build Number:
Language independent fix: 16.0.10340.12101
Language dependent fix: 16.0.10340.12100
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint Server 2019
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: January 2019 Office Update Release
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified (applies also to SharePoint Server 2019)
- Blog: SharePoint does not have a build version. Full Stop.
FYI… the link you posted for “SharePoint Server 2019 Patch Build Numbers PowerShell Module” is a 404. I’m not seeing a 2019 version from Trevor but his 2016 version page is at: https://thesharepointfarm.com/2016/04/sharepoint-server-2016-patch-build-numbers-module/
I removed the link.
I can see the Office Online Server Jan2019 patch is labeled wacserver2019. It seems the Office Online Server Nov2018 .iso build has changed the version to 16.0.10xxx which matches SharePoint 2019. Odd this wasn’t advertised as a version update from 2016 to 2019?! Seems like a big deal 🙂