The product group released the December 2018 Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2019 product family. If you are familiar with SharePoint Server 2016 you are aware that SharePoint is now patched with a language dependent and a language independent fix. For SharePoint Server 2019 we did not yet release and language dependent fixes – so currently only one patch has to be applied to fully patch SharePoint Server 2019.
The KB article for December 2018 CU will be available at the following Location in a couple of hours:
- KB 4461548 – December 2018 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- KB 4011027 – December 2018 Update for Office Online Server 2019 – This is also a security update!
The download for December 2018 CU is available through the following link:
- Download December 2018 Update for SharePoint Server 2019 (language independent) – This is also a security update!
- Download December 2018 Update for Office Online 2019 – This is also a security update!
It is irrelevant which language you pick on the drop down in download center. Even the language dependent fixes are all in the same package for all languages.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2019 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2019 December 2018 CU Build Number:
Language independent fix: 16.0.10339.12102
You can use the SharePoint Server 2019 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module to identify the patch level of all SharePoint components.
- Technet: Updated Product Servicing Policy for SharePoint Server 2019
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: December 2018 Office Update Release
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Zero-Downtime Patching Demystified (applies also to SharePoint Server 2019)
- Blog: SharePoint does not have a build version. Full Stop.
I receive the following error after installing the CU Dec 2018 on SPS 2019:
The Security Token Service is not available. The Security Token Service is not issuing tokens.
I troubleshoot/find a solution but with no luck, before digging deep into this, anyone faced a similar issue??