[via Bill Baer]
Today we’re excited to announce general availability of both SharePoint Server 2019 and Project Server 2019. As we developed SharePoint Server 2019, we paid close attention to trends in team collaboration, user experiences across devices, and how the cloud can be blended into existing on-premises scenarios in new and compelling ways.
SharePoint Server 2019 represents a whole new generation of SharePoint, one born in the cloud, and representative of the ease of use we delivered in SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Server 2019 was built on the same core platform as SharePoint Server 2016, providing the scale and performance you’ve come to expect in addition to new, modern experiences for users, that are both intuitive and familiar.
What’s in SharePoint Server 2019
Improvements in SharePoint 2019 span the following areas
- New user experiences
- Modern sites
- Modern pages
- Modern lists
- Modern libraries
- Communication sites
- Onedrive for Business
- SharePoint Mobile
- Large File Support, Character Restrictions, and File/Folder Names
More details about the improvements an be found in the blog post from Bill Baer.
- Download Links and Installation instructions:
- SharePoint Server 2019 Quick Start Guide for Single Server Farms
- A reviewer’s guide to share the many investments and new features you’ll find in SharePoint Server 2019
- A PowerPoint presentation you can use to share more with others our investments in SharePoint Server 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I install SharePoint Server 2019 in production environments?
Q: Can I upgrade SharePoint Server 2019 Preview to RTM?
A: No. SharePoint Server 2019 Preview cannot be upgraded to RTM.
Q: Where can I find technical documentation on SharePoint Server 2019?
A: Technical documentation for SharePoint Server 2019 is available at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp179725.aspx.