As I received some feedback that I should also add the Urls to the KB articles of the different security fixes I added this information to my blog post.
SharePoint 2010 Suite:
SharePoint 2013 Suite:
- KB 4022236 – Excel Services for SharePoint 2013
- KB 4022234 – Word Automation Services for SharePoint 2013
- KB 4018392 – Powerpoint Conversion Services for SharePoint 2013
- KB 4022238 – Office Web Apps 2013
SharePoint 2016 Suite:
- KB 4032256 – SharePoint Server 2016 (language independent)
See the Security Update Guide below for more details about the relevant fixes:
Hi Stefan ,
Another Amateur question, so this page says that the Aug PU is part of Aug CU, as it has the same KB associated. This link (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdates/sharepoint-updates#sharepoint-2016-update-history) does not say whether the update is a PU or CU. How to actually decide if its a PU or a CU ? Is your blogs the only official source ?
for SharePoint 2016 the CU always consists of two fixes: the language independent one (usually security fixes affect this component) and a language dependent.
It is recommneded to install both of these fixes to ensure that the language dependent files and the language indepdended files are in sync.