February 2017 CU for SharePoint Server 2016 includes a new timer job “Updates Profile Memberships and Relationships Job” which should runs by default every five minutes to update the changes after an import.
A problem in the installation of February 2017 CU prevents this timerjob from being installed correctly and this will lead to the following message in the health analyzer:
“Verify that the critical User Profile Application and User Profile Proxy Application timer jobs are available and have not been mistakenly deleted.”
The same problem will happen with March 2017 CU if the farm was updated from an older CU than February 2017 CU.
To fix this use the following steps:
- On the Central Administration website, click Monitoring.
- On the Monitoring page, in the Health Analyzer section, click Review rule definitions.
- On the Health Analyzer Rule Definitions – All Rules page, in the Category: Configuration section, click the name of the rule.
- In the Health Analyzer Rule Definitions dialog box, click Edit Item.
- Select the Repair Automatically check box, and then click Save.
See also: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh487297.aspx
Just wondering is Feb-2017-CU was ever released for SP2013, I’m referring to the below line from the above blog:
“The same problem will happen with March 2017 CU if the farm was updated from an older CU than February 2017 CU”
there was no February 2017 CU for SharePoint 2013. Only one for SharePoint 2016. The comment is for SharePoint 2016.
it looks that like that SharePoint 2013 is concerned, too. At least the fixes you wrote helped to solve the problem at a customer site.
I second weve seen this a number of times in 2013 now. Happy to confirm Repair Automatically has been working.
Thank you it’s work