[Update: this article has been superseeded by the following: "Uber" packages for September 2015 CU for SharePoint 2013 have been released]
The product group released the September 2015 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2013 product family.
Be aware that all Update for SharePoint 2013 require SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 to be installed first.
Please also have a look at the article that discusses how to properly patch a SharePoint 2013 farm which has Search enabled (see below).
September 2015 CU has been released without so called "Server" or "Uber" packages. Instead only fix packages for individual components of SharePoint have been released.
That means: if you are not in an urgent need for a fix included in September 2015 CU you should consider waiting for a CU release that includes "Server" or "Uber" packages.
As September 2015 CU does not include Uber packages you need to install August 2015 CU before installing the below listed September 2015 CU fixes to guarantee that your system is on the latest patch level.
So it is highly recommended to install August 2015 CU before installing September 2015 CU!
See SharePoint Patching Demystified for details.
This CU does NOT(!) include all SharePoint 2013 fixes previously released! It is recommended to install August 2015 CU before installing September 2015 CU.
The CU does not include SP1! You have to install SP1 before installing this CU.
The KB articles for September 2015 CU relevant for the different products are available at the following locations:
- SharePoint Foundation 2013 September 2015 CU: KBs 3085501, 3085481
- SharePoint Server 2013 September 2015 CU: KBs 3085501, 3085481, 3054998, 3085483, 3054870, 3054813
- Project Server 2013 September 2015 CU: KBs 3085501, 3085481, 3054998, 3085483, 3054870, 3054813, 3085505
- Office Web Apps Server 2013 September 2015 CU: KB 3085487
To simplify the installation I have collected the required September 2015 CU fixes for each product:
- SharePoint Foundation 2013: 3085501, 3085481
- SharePoint Server 2013: 3085501, 3085481, 3054998, 3085483, 3054870, 3054813
- Project Server 2013: 3085501, 3085481, 3054998, 3085483, 3054870, 3054813, 3085505
- Office Web Apps Server 2013: 3085487
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Support for SharePoint 2013 RTM has ended
- SP1 for SharePoint 2013
- August 2015 Office Update Release
- CHANGE: SharePoint 2013 Rollup Update for the December 2013 Cumulative Update Packaging
- How to: install update packages on a SharePoint 2013 farm where search component and high availability search topologies are enabled
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- SQL Server 2014 and SharePoint Server 2013