The product group released the May 2015 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
For May 2015 CU we again have full server packages (also known as Uber packages). No other CU is required to fully patch SharePoint.
Be aware that the May Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is required to have SP2 installed before installing the May CU.
It is required to have SP2 installed for the base product and all installed language packs to install May 2015 CU for SharePoint 2010.
This CU includes all SharePoint 2010 fixes released since SP2. The CU does not include SP2.
The KB articles for May CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 3017815 – SharePoint Foundation 2010 – This is also a security fix!
- KB 3015569 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2999496 – Project Server 2010
The Full Server Packages for May 2015 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 May 2015 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 May 2015 CU
- Download Project Server 2010 May 2015 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
- SP2 for SharePoint 2010
- Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- SharePoint Patching demystified
- May 2015 Office Update Release
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products