The product group released the February 2014 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that the February Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP2 hotfix. It is recommended to have SP2 installed before installing the February CU.
The KB articles for February CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 2863938 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2863913 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2863917 – SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for February 2014 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 February 2014 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 February 2014 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server February 2014 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Related Update Centers:
The product group released the February 2014 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family
As always, many thanks Stefan for providing these links (and so quickly).
I have SP 2010 with Sp1 and i have FEB 2012 CU. If i want to update to latest CU, doing in this way:
1. Install SP2 on all the servers
2. Install SP2 for all LP that i have on all the servers
3. Install FEB 2014 CU on all the servers
4. Run at the end Config Wizard on all the servers
Do you see a problem? especially that i will run configuration wizard at the end, to avoid long down times, or i need to run Config Wizard after SP2 installation?
these steps are fine.
Guys please i having issues with extraction of the feb 2014 hotfix can someone help me out