The product group released the delayed October 2011 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Be aware that the October Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that you should ensure that SP1 is installed before the October CU.
The KB articles for October CU (2007 and 2010) can be found at the following locations:
- KB 2596541 – WSS 3.0
- KB 2596540 – MOSS 2007
- KB 2596508 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2596505 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2596506 – SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for October 2011 CU are available through the following links:
- Download WSS 3.0 October 2011 CU
- Download MOSS 2007 October 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 October 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 October 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server October 2011 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Be aware that the SharePoint Server 2010 CU contains the SharePoint Foundation CU. And the SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server CU contains Project Server CU, SharePoint Server CU and SharePoint Foundation CU.
That means only one package has to be installed for the SharePoint 2010 product family.
Related Update Centers: