June 2011 CU Refresh has been released yesterday. It resolves a couple of known problems which were documented in the KB articles of the hotfixes (details see below).
Here are the details about the problems which are addressed in the re-released packages:
If you install the earlier build of this hotfix package on a SharePoint server that has .NET 4.0 installed, you cannot synchronize user profiles from AD and LDAP into the SharePoint User Profile Service application database. The user profile synchronization export process fails. Additionally, the System.PlatformNotSupportedException exception shows in Event Viewer.
After you install the earlier build of this hotfix package, the following services may fail at either runtime or the provision process if you run these services by using a user account other than the farm administrator account:
- Session State Service
- Secure Store Service
- Business Data Connectivity (BDC) Service
The rereleased CU has build 14.0.6106.5002. The KB articles have been updated and the binaries on our hotfix server have been replaced with the updated version.
Be aware that the June Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2010 is a Post-SP1 hotfix. That means that the fixes included in June CU are not part of SP1 and that you have to install SP1 first and then the June CU to get all the latest fixes. More details in the following related post.
The KB articles for June CU for SharePoint 2010 can be found at the following locations:
- KB 2536601 – SharePoint Foundation 2010
- KB 2536599 – SharePoint Server 2010
- KB 2536600 – SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server
As you see there is a separate Full Server Package for SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server which simplifies patching of this common installation.
The Full Server Packages for June 2011 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2010 June 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 June 2011 CU
- Download SharePoint Server 2010 with Project Server June 2011 CU
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
Related Update Centers:
- Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Updates for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Updates for Project Server 2010
- Updates for Enterprise Search Products