Now after Arpan posted his Top 10 favorite features for next version of SharePoint and MCMS Lawrence Liu has posted his favorite list:
- A “Global” Template that is applied/provisioned before any other template, and a Feature Framework that provides modularity for “additive” templates
- OOB document review/approval workflow with support for digital signaturesIntegration with Outlook — read/write access to SharePoint datetypes: calendar, tasks, contacts, discussions, and documents
- All SharePoint Lists provide RSS feeds!
- SharePoint Lists (e.g. Discussion Boards, Calendars, Document Libraries, Announcements) can accept incoming e-mail
- Discussion Boards maintain e-mail threading and full HTML messages
- Calendars process incoming iCals
- Document Libraries map attachments to documents
- File level security (i.e. access control) in Document Libraries
- List item versioning that shows metadata changes
- Complete control of site branding — apply custom master pages and page layout, define custom site navigation
- Support for multi-lingual sites!
- Policy based document archiving and records management with compliance reporting
Okay, one more:
- Business Data Catalog connects Office Servers to business data (ERP, legacy apps, databases, etc.) for “enterprise search integration”